Monday, June 16, 2014

Lost House Key

My sister's in town.  She was going over to my brother's and sister-in-law's, and she didn't have a house key, so she took mine.  When she came back, we both realized that the house key I gave her was, in fact, mine.

I have a house key.  Well, had.  I looked all over for it.  The house key was in the same ring as my car key, but there were so many times where I went out to start the car and then forgot something inside the house, so I would have to turn off the car in order to go back inside.  After deciding fuck that, I'll just take out the house key from the ring, I just kept the house key loose.  One of the advantages to that (I've done that before) is that, if you ever lose one, you still have the other.  By keeping the keys together, if I lose them both, I can neither get back into the house and get the spare car key nor drive to my aunt's and get the spare house key.  I have options this way.

The downside is, of course, you increase the chance of losing one.  And not having it attached to anything else, even a ring, makes it that much easier to lose.  And it looks like I've lost it.  Can't find another spare, either.  I don't know how my parents are going to react, but they'll be pissed.

You know, while I was looking through my pockets for it, I realized that, not too long ago (a couple weeks, just about), I saw this house key while looking through my pockets.  I had a fleeting thought of, "Wow, I didn't notice this.  What if I lost this?"  And then I slipped it back into the pocket, not giving the thought of losing it a second thought.  Well, shit, I have a second thought right now.  Should've done something about it at the time, goddammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment