Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Gas Station Flunkie Wouldn't Give Me My Two Cents

Remember the time I insisted on getting five more cents discounted off the gas coupon I gave her because that was the correct amount?  I have always been afraid that I would get screwed on this at some point, at that point was earlier this evening.

After dinner I took my car to fill 'er up because I thought it'd save me more money in the long run to just use my coupon on Double Tuesdays.  I got 12.6 gallons of gas filled.  I brought my smartphone into the gas station with me and calculated the total amount of money I should get discounted, which is $2.42, right in front of the guy.  But the guy didn't fucking use a calculator, and instead just did some chintzy math in his head and just took off $2.40.

Now, I kind of pitched a fit over five cents almost four months ago, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to the same thing for two.  But after internally shaking my head over this loser's shitty math, I reach into my wallet and, just to be safe, look to the left of me.  There's a dude behind me, and a woman who came into the line just behind him.  I don't remember if there was a line four months ago, but this time, I let it go.  I just did not want to face any blowback from strangers I'll never see again just so I can stand on my principles and get the two cents I deserve.

So I paid for my gas with the extra two cents.  And I feel like I got screwed, big-time.

No comments:

Post a Comment