Thursday, June 12, 2014

Wrong Clothes For The Weather

This was irksome to me, so I must write about it.

I've known for some time, at least when I checked the weather application on my smartphone, that the forecast for today (Thursday) was clouds.  It had been that way for a while.

I had not been able to check the weather forecast on TV last (Wednesday) night.  I did, however, look at my app on my smart all day yesterday (Wednesday) and it moderated the weather; partly cloudy, not cloudy.  Then again, the temperatures remained the same as they had been leading up to then: In the sixties, a slight dip in temp compared to the days before and after.

So, all this time, I had been thinking up how to dress.  Yes, just for today (Thursday).  I still have these green cargo pants I've worn twice, which means it's still clean enough to wear again.  I've been wearing my red checkered shorts to work all week, and I only change my bottoms weekly because, hey, that's me, and I'm just a fucking temp.  I had thought about switching to the pants, but then I saw the little sun underneath the little cloud, and then I imagined walking back from my lunchtime nap and sweating all the way back to work because I'm wearing pants, and so I thought the upgrade in conditions meant that I should keep to the shorts.  That the temperatures would remain in the sixties convinced me I should wear a button-up shirt so that I can take it off in case it gets too warm for me.  But I changed my mind from last (Wednesday) night to this morning, opting for a lighter, dressier shirt instead of the North Face zip-up because I was worried about getting too hot.

So I go to work dressed in a light shirt with my Tampa Bay Mutiny jersey underneath (to celebrate the beginning of the World Cup) and my red checkered shorts.  And it's overcast the whole day until I drive home from work and the sun is diving below the cloud deck on its way to the horizon.  And it's windy, too.  And the temperatures, I see in tonight's news, were in the lower 60's.

Therefore, I was cold.  I was not dressed up enough.  And it kind of bothered me.  Especially with the shorts.  I think my day would have been better if I had my green cargo pants on instead of the shorts.  And now I can't do anything about it because tomorrow's going to be sunny with highs in the seventies -- perfect for shorts, very, very bad for full-length pants.  So when am I supposed to wear those cargo pants again?

Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment