Sunday, November 29, 2009

I fill in to work for my parents whenever they're vacationing, as they usually do over holidays.  All I do is stand at the front, read the newspapers I've been saving for weeks to read, and listen to my satellite radio.  Oh, and help out my uncle with customers, of which there are several and only several, sadly.

Thing is, I feel bad that I'm not doing more.  I don't exactly know what I could do at the store ... maybe clean up things, maybe tidy the shelves, I don't know.  But just being a mouth-breather to prevent people from stealing our stuff is something we needed to do a decade ago, not now.  Use me!

And yet ... I don't really want to do anything there except read my papers and listen to college football on the radio.  And I've done it so long it'd be weird if I tried to do actual work.  See, I want to help out the store because it is the engine that nourished this family and put me, my brother and my sister through college.  It's worth maintaining.  I just don't know if I have the strength to maintain it.

No comments:

Post a Comment