Thursday, November 19, 2009

Outed!

I thought my parents finally getting their own Internet service at work was going to make my life easier. ...

We finally pulled the trigger on getting wireless Internet at the store.  I even went out to with Mother's laptop this afternoon to test it out; they decided to order it on the spot.

But after dinner, just when I thought everything was copascetic, Mother started rooting around my sister's room.  My mom asked me about my sister's old laptop, but I didn't think anything of it.  But My Fucking Father wanted her to use that laptop for herself while he got another one, and Mother was trying to look for my sister's laptop.  And then she wanted to find all the parts and accessories that went with it -- the tote bag, the battery, etc.

I keep my laptop in my sister's room, and although I stupidly left it out once for my mom to see, she hadn't talked about it to me, which meant it's been about a year that I've had this without the 'Rents knowing it.  But despite me finding a bag that fit the laptop even though they were different brands, My Fucking Mother finally popped the question that I wanted to avoid forever:

"What's that laptop that I found in your sister's room?"

I sooner wish if she asked me if I was gay.  In particular I noticed My Fucking Father, who was washing the dishes, look at me.  He knew what was up.

No use hiding anymore.  So after she asked the question, I marched loudly into my sister's room grabbed the bag with my laptop, marched back outside to the dining room so My Fucking Father could see, and said loudly without shouting, "THIS IS MY COMPUTER!!!"

I didn't want to be a bitch about it, but I knew that this was going to be the excuse for more drama.  For his part, Father only said he wanted me to get some medicine for him tomorrow.  I think this is setting up for a time when I think everything's OK and he's going to use some perceived slight to bring up the laptop and my use of it overnight, to which I will deny and fail, and then one night at around 3 in the morning he's going to barge through my sister's door and confront me, and hopefully that'll be a night I have the guts to punch him in the face and tell him that I pay for the phone and Internet service, so I can be on the Internet whenever the fuck I want.

I'll keep y'all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment