Saturday, January 29, 2011

I'm playing Mafia Wars for facebook, right?  Well, through mismanagement I have accrued enough points or chips (I don't know what you call them) to raise all my levels by 1, 2, 5 or 20.

Moreover, I have this thing where I only spend points/chips when I have five or more, because I have five characteristics from which to spend them on (Energy, Stamina, Defense, two others), and want to evenly raise them at one time.  Moreover, I will only raise them by one at a pop; I just have this thing where my character needs to, for lack of a better word, "pay his dues" at one level at a time, at least for a little bit. 

Guess I've played a lot without spending them to improve my character, because I literally have "performed" so many "jobs" that I had 20 just now.  It was time to cash in on the points/chips, so I went to the improve your character page and I started lifting my levels by a point/chip.

All it takes is hitting a button for each characteristic once.  But when I get to Energy, the most important level to fill (it keeps track of how many energy you need to "perform" these "jobs"), I click ... and then the goddamn modem goes on the fritz.  It's done that a lot the past several days -- it doesn't go bad for minutes at a time, just enough that the little disc in the computer icon on the lower right-hand side of the screen disappears.  Everything freezes.

When it happened just when I hit the Energy button, it was, like, the seventh or eighth time it did that in the last five or ten minutes.  It usually didn't last more than 30 seconds.  However, this one did.  I was starting to lose it.

So when the little disc finally reappeared, signalling a reconnection with the Internet, I figured the button didn't take and I would have to hit it again.  The Energy showed 202 when it should have been 203, so I hit it again.  But then I looked over at the number of points/chips I still had left over.

If I had 20, have five characteristics to fill and was only going to advance each characteristic by one, then I should only have 15 left over by the time I'm done.  And since Energy is fourth on the list, I should see a "+16."  But I saw a "+15" -- the game did take the button the first time.  I had hit it twice.  I had raised my Energy bar by two, not one.

And it is really pissing me off.  I had these plans that were fucked up because of that goddamn modem downstairs?!  Ugh!!!  So now that I can't "spend some quality time" at 203 Energy, the only thing I could do is keep my levels even by adding a second point/chip to all the other ones.  I have thus advanced every bar by 2 when I didn't want to.

I know it's silly, but that fucking shit is driving me up a wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment