Thursday, January 13, 2011

I fucking hate it when someone springs plans on me that I can't break.  I didn't think my Grandmother, of all people, would ever do that to me.

She went to the doctor today.  She told me over the phone while I was at Target (there were insurance problems with the syringes and pills she needs) that she wanted me to come home because she had to tell me something.  She didn't get around to this news until tonight, when she whipped out a piece of paper with Vietnamese words scrawled on it.

Grandmother was saying a lot of Chinese words I didn't understand, but she got to the bottom line: This nurse is coming this Friday at 1, and I have to be there.  Wait, nurse?  Is this an assessment?  And no fucking bothered to tell me till now?!  Who the fuck arranged this???

And then I remembered I had to go to "work" Friday at 1.  When I told her this, she sniped at me: "Don't tell the nurse about your work!" to which I replied, "Of course I won't tell her that, I'm telling you!!"  Doesn't she understand that she made this appointment for me without telling me, without asking me if this is alright, without asking me if I have anything going on then?

I might have to cancel.  Mother also needs to attend this assessment, and I don't know if she'll be able to break free, especially because Father has a doctor's appointment around then.

Oh, and after I came home, apropos of nothing, My Fucking Father says to my face, "Why don't you take computer science classes?"  Jigga wha?  Fuck you.

No comments:

Post a Comment