Tuesday, January 25, 2011

This happened yesterday.  I really need to post the shit that happened today, but I don't have much time before the day's out, so I'll relay this quick story:

It was the thing I alluded to Sunday, about the thing my sister wanted me to send her.  It was a holiday card brought to my attention by Mother.  She wanted me to scan it, then send the card's image to my sis.  But I didn't do it, at least not immediately, because to me, it was just a holiday card.  I didn't think too much of it.

But then on Sunday, Mother had the audacity to ask her if she got it.  She didn't, and so Mother told my sister to ask me why.  Now, I still don't think it's much of a big deal, but I confessed to my sister that I didn't scan it (even though I told Mother I thought I did to make sure she wasn't on my ass).  And so on Sunday night I was looking everywhere for it.  No luck.

I started to feel remorseful that night.  Thinking back on it, maybe I should have sent that card her way.  It may be a formality, but it's not as if I've ignored other cards sent to her.  I don't really remember scan-and-sending any either, but if this was the first, there's no reason the precedent that this should be sent should not be made.  And then I thought how I would've felt if I didn't get a Christmas card someone promised to send me.

Season Affective Disorder really started to kick in Monday morning.  Felt like shit, didn't want to do anything except stay in bed all day.  But losing that Christmas card really, really brought me down.  But then ... well, I didn't really look through the letters on my nightstand completely enough.  And then, I found it!  I really thought I had just left it downstairs because it wasn't my Christmas card, but apparently I had enough foresight to take it upstairs with me just in case!

I scanned it, sent with an e-mail of apology to my sister, and even though it wasn't the Christmas card she was expecting, she was still glad to have it.  Phew!  Crisis averted.  I'm glad I had the opportunity to make up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment