Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Had A Nightmare This Evening

Want to put this down before I forget:

I was in the bathroom with my Grandmother; I think I was taking a bath while she was on the toilet. I saw food everywhere. And then I saw rats -- lots and lots and lots of rats. I complained that Grandmother leaves and spills food everywhere, and that's why there are so many rats in the bathroom. Grandmother says, "OK, OK, OK."

I believe that nightmares are a combination of things that happened to us during the day and our fears, mashed against each other like a Cubist painting. Grandmother keeps a lot of food in her room and often leaves it out on the kitchen counter. And we have been catching rats in the garage and the shed (which reminds me that there is a glue trap with three dead rat carcasses sitting next to the garage freezer for weeks now). Finally, I have been yelling at Grandmother to take her insulin shots, and she shuts down the conversation by saying, "OK."

So why was I naked in a bathtub with my Grandmother on the toilet? Fuck if I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment