Sunday, September 4, 2011

Poor Bastard Of The Moment -- OK, More Like Two Months Ago: Daiane

I can't think of anything that happened today that I want to blog about. I wanted to talk about this person for some time but I keep forgetting. Plus, I haven't done this feature yet this year, so it's about time I did it.

Harken all the way back to the Women's World Cup, and that stunning quarterfinal victory by the United States over Brazil. The thrilling game-tying goal by the Americans was the second of their two goals that game ... and the only goal they scored themselves.

If you remember, the first goal for the U.S. was an owngoal by Brazilian Defender Daiane (about 11 seconds in):


At least she wasn't shot to death for it. For now.

Poor bastard. Well, actually bitch, because bastard is a term only for men. But "bitch" is kind of harsh, and besides, it's Poor Bastard Of The Moment, so -- Poor bastard.

No comments:

Post a Comment