Thursday, September 22, 2011

Realized something tonight: What Father gave me to give my aunt and uncle had a feeling of finality to it. I have delivered things to them before, but not in a long time. This, with the store closing, felt like the last time he would do these things. I mean, if Father gave his brother the title, and if he gave them both money, well, those are big things, and the only reason he would give them big things is if he knew it would be the last thing he would give them.

I went downstairs to get a can of Pepsi a few hours ago. There, I saw the plates and spoons I saw my parents bring from the store a few days ago. Bringing them home before shutting it down for good.

It was cold and cloudy today. Even though I prefer this kind of weather, today only enhances the starkness of me and my family's future. I feel an emptiness tonight, mostly because of the store. Like there will be an end to the year, so will there be an end to the only workplace this family has known. And tonight, I am very, very sad and depressed.

The End is coming even sooner than I thought it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment