Monday, September 19, 2011

The Reason I'm Stripclubbin' Tuesday Instead Of Friday

What I'm seeing in my head is so complicated I should've diagrammed it.

So I leave on vacation next week, and because the store is closing soon, I feel the need to hit My Favorite Stripclub (Cover Edition) once before Father starts hanging out at home all day. If it's closing by the end of the month -- the month is more than half over, my God -- I have to do it this week because I come back on the 1st.

But which day? I have the following stipulations:
  • I still work at the lab, which gives me a maximum of three days.
  • I have found more work doing another study, which is two days.
  • I want to help out at the store at least three days.
  • I obviously have to carve out a day to go to the club (it's downtown, so I go by bus).
  • I want to have free a second day to go see a movie. Which means, of course, that there's a day at the club, a day at the movies, and three days at the store.
The puzzle comes in the complicating factors. The lab is two hours a day, but this new work is one. Also, this new "job" has only some times available on Thursday. There's also the possibility that I finish that up on Monday. Furthermore, I don't want to shell out extra cash for movies because it's so damn expensive, so the best day to go is Tuesday (when popcorn's only two bucks).

Finally, the club. Paramount is not getting caught. So, which time should I go? I have dancers that may or may not be working some days. I looked at the Twins' schedule to see which dates they are at home ... then realized that no one might be going because they suck donkey dick. Finally, I look at the weather forecast. I prefer to go during raw, cloudy, cold days because I think there will be less people walking around, therefore less of chance I get spotted.

What I decided on late last week was: To work at the lab Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday; go to this other study Thursday and next Monday (where I would go in early that morning, then go to the lab before hitting the store because it'd be my only time that week at the store -- and potentially the last day I would ever be there ... shudder), see a movie after "work" Tuesday and have the Friday to Free Willy.

I hate puzzles like this, in particular ones where I have a series of choices that are all palatable but don't stand out from one another. None of them are perfect, so I can't say, "Shit, let's do it this way!" After several days of lolling the possibilities in my head, I just decided on that. I wish I had more restrictions than the ones I have, something like, "Well, I can't work these days," or "I can't go this day because my co-workers are gonna be there." I have too many choices. It's like having freedom. Sometimes it's just too damn much.

But, as is my wont, I've changed it. I've started regretting my original schedule late last week, when I realized that I earned a ticket for free popcorn. And then I was afraid that the people I will be working with Sunday will fly into town and, for some reason, be going to a stripclub Friday afternoon. Could happen. And I checked the forecast; it's supposed to be windy tomorrow but sunny Friday. Now, if you worked downtown, would you walk outside on a sunny day? How about a windy one? That's my thinking.

So, even though the Twins are playing at home tomorrow evening, I'm going to the club tomorrow. I moved my lab job to Friday, and since I'm at the U., I might as well pull my visit to the other job from next Monday to Friday as well. I figure I can use the free popcorn coupon after I'm done with my jobs; my parents come home late these days, so I guess I could see a late afternoon movie and come home well before dinner. I decided all this, oh, last night.

The one drawback I had is that I wanted to go to a club on Friday because Mother goes to the store on Fridays. I won't have to regret going to the club when I should be at the store. But in the end, the reasons I outlined above outweigh that.

But, as they say about best laid plans. ... Late last night they asked me what time am I working tomorrow. I kind of forgot myself, but my first instinct was to lie, so I said 10. They needed my help in delivering something, and Father still doesn't have a car, so shit, I have to get up early. That was alleviated by the fact that I got up so early yesterday morning that I passed out watching the Sunday night football game and woke up at 2:30, so I could get up early this morning without a problem. But I'd probably be wiped out once I was done mid-morning, so I e-mailed my "job" to see if he could push back my session an hour ... which means there wasn't much use to go to the store today like I planned. Hey, he probably would send me home anyway, and I did an hour of work for him already. But what was supposed to be three days helping out at the store became, if you want to take a jaundiced eye, two.

And about an hour ago Father called me. He wanted me to pick up medicine, but I know he wanted help back at the store. I told him I was still working; in all honesty, I'm blogging this at a coffeeshop close to home.

And about a half-hour ago I realized that tickets on Friday at the theater I want to go to are a buck more than they would be on Tuesday. There goes watching a film on the cheap. Whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment