Friday, February 10, 2012

Fell Into My Parents' Trap Of Bad News

Went to The Store Wednesday. Saw Mother there for some reason. Did she quit? I hope she didn't quit. No one is working full-time if she quit.

I knew shit quit. I may as well face the music, but I didn't want to hear the bad news. Why hear bad news? All I wanted to do was what I was there for: Filling out the goddamn property tax appeal forms and giving her the number of Grandmother's doctor so they could have scientific evidence she should be put in a home.

And it went well, though I made them go through the forms quickly. But as Mother was faxing the appeal forms to the city, she told me, "I quit."

Shit. Bad news again. Wanted to put my fingers in my ears and go "la, la, la, la. ..."

Unless this means they're keeping The Store (and keeping The Store open), this is bad news.

No comments:

Post a Comment