Thursday, February 2, 2012

Why Do I Even Go To The Store Anymore?

My Fucking Father follows up his "professional" conduct over dinner last night by being an outright male bitch at The Store today. All I heard was him yelling, presumably over Mother.

Oh yeah, I found another tick about him that pisses me off: He has this thing where he just starts screaming at you, and after he's done, he gives you, like, a second before he screams, "OK, OK!" He says his piece while denying you the chance to say anything back to him, and he acts like he's getting over his feelings of outrage even though he got all the verbal insults he wanted to say before he essentially shut off debate. Passive-aggressiveness 101.

Anyway, as I was leaving for my testicular ultrasound, I told My Fucking Father it's my brother's birthday. What did he blurt out? His birthday. The fuck???

And after he actually fucking listened to what I said, he said something just as asinine: "Who cares?" Who cares? The birthday of your son?? And then he goes on this unintelligible rant about his wife (my sister-in-law) being 12. What?

Oh! He explained again: My sister-in-law's birthday (and he was squawking like a jackass when he was saying this for some goddamn reason) is later this month, and so they're going to celebrate both birthdays some time after today but before her birthday. Too bad I'm going on vacation next week. And so there was some consternation.

Before I left, I had to help him get a public television subchannel on the TV at The Store. I helped him before with this, but it's not there again. And for some goddamn reason I stayed the next 15 minutes failing to get this channel, making myself late for the appointment. And after I quit he said, "OK!" -- not in the "ha-ha, I yelled at you and I just stopped you from yelling at me" way I described above but in his whiny voice that I've documented countless times before.

He's going to Mayo tomorrow. I hope the doctors determine they need to run tests for, oh, the entire weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment