Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Best Commercial On TV Right Now (At Least Until The Super Bowl)

The State Farm commercial featuring Journey, a band whose music I hear so often around me it annoys the hell out of me, but is used to hilarious effect here:



Four things that make this really funny:

1) The customer. His face and the way about him ... he comes off like a real person, not an actor. Hell, he might be a real State Farm customer. Regardless, he's perfect.

2) The droll way he and the insurance agent say the lines to "Any Way You Want It." They're not giddy and attracting attention to themselves, like, "Tee-hee, we're saying a Journey song!" It's the way two dudes who stumbled into a song during conversation should go through the bit: While not making a big deal out of it.

3) I love the way the customer says: "We just had ourselves a little Journey moment there."

4) The punchline was good too. The only thing that would have made it perfect was if they could've pushed the envelope there. I wanted the customer to say: "Saw 'em in '83 in Fresno. Place was crawlin' with chicks. Man, I would give my left n ... (sees his wife looking at him) I gotta go."

No comments:

Post a Comment