Tuesday, February 21, 2012

It's Official: My Parents Are Throwing Grandmother Out Of The House

I got a really bad feeling when, over dinner, he told me he wanted to talk about something later, and while he said that he glanced over at Grandmother, who was entering the bathroom. His look was a "Can she hear this? Good!" look. I got so disgusted I lost my appetite and ate only one piece of chicken.

Yep, downstairs, at My Fucking Father's computer room, after I printed out directions to the eye clinic where he's to have cataract surgery in the morning, he told me that there is room for her at the nursing home they want to put her in. Either she goes in this weekend or next; which day depends on me and when I have time. You see, before we're packing her away from the place she's called home for the past, oh, four decades, we're gonna have dim sum for her. Because that's the only appropriate way to celebrate evicting an old lady from her residence.

My cowardly ass decided this was the time to raise objections. I mean, who cares if there are 24/7 nurses and doctors, that there are cooks on demand, that she can play cards with the other strangers at the home waiting to die? She doesn't fucking want that. But My Fucking Father doesn't care. No -- forgetting to turn off the faucets or burning the stove and toaster oven a couple times and your ass is outta here. I feel so powerless.

No comments:

Post a Comment