Thursday, December 13, 2012

Expenses Without Receipt

Starting yesterday, Wednesday, December 11:

  • Does the eatery at the ground floor of the building I work at have the same lunch every day?  I haven't noticed, but I think they offer some sort of burrito every Wednesday.  If this was my last Wednesday, I took advantage despite not being all that hungry and ordered it.  Didn't have a second penny, so I used one from the penny tray: $7.26.
  • It got above freezing, so it was a good time to get my car washed and get all that snowy and icy gunk off of my car.  It didn't get all of it, but still it was good.  Didn't have enough money, so I had to charge for the wash and paid half as much as I usually do for tip: $1.
  • On Tuesday, Decmeber 10, I wen to the library after work to get a printout of a craps table to show Mother how to play.  Man, it is so difficult to explain anything to her, but craps?  I still don't know all the intricacies: 10 cents.
  • I wanted to get lunch at the (as they call it themselves) corporate cafe on the ground floor of where I work.  But they ran out.  Good for them.  However, I had to settle for their big turkey dumpling soup. All of their soups are gluten-free, which is a healthy thing, but after I ate it I felt really, really hungry.  Oh, by the way, I gave my pennies that I got back in change to the penny tray, but I did that only because the guy before me did and I didn't pay twice what I actually did for a whole lunch.  So with that: $3.20.
  • Monday, December 10 ... I the corporate cafe offered oatmeal for the first time.  They say oatmeal is good, so I bought some.  With brown sugar and raising, not bad: $3.20.
  • Had to go to the library to make a couple of copies and type out a letter.  I guess I could do it at home, but I have no idea if the printer downstairs works at all.  Should check it out: 30 cents.
  • At Sunday, December 9 I took the light rail amid the slowly-growing blizzard to work at the Metrodome: 50 cents.
  • After work I had to stop at My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Division).  Like I said, I wanted to stay and get a lapdance but the snowstorm changed my mood.  Coffee and tipping a couple of the girls: $6.
  • To Saturday, December 8 ... that was the day I may have avoided a fight at the library.  Afterwards, I planned on going to the gym across the street, but after seeing a friend post pictures on facebook of the grand opening of St. Paul Union Depot I decided to drive all the way from one half of the Twin Cities to the other to see it.  Great place.  While exploring, I went down the stair to where the buses come through (there is another stairs for the Amtrak that will shift its St. Paul stop there next month and a third which I think is decorative only) and saw a food truck there, all lonely.  It's a festive celebration inside, but it was forlorn outside.  No one wanted to walk all the way down there just to get some food, especially because you could get some inside.  So I felt sorry for them.  I bought the signature Cave Steak Wrap from the Cave Cafe, which was quite good, though a tad messy.  Slight regret considering that I was packing on the pounds on a day when I decided I was trying to shed some.  With tip: $8.
  • Went back home, then went back out to downtown Minneapolis to see the North Star Roller Girls bout.  Thankfully one of the matchups was close.  Roller derby is frequently plagued by blowouts.  Had a Pabst Blue Ribbon priced like I was going to a strip club.  With tip: $8.
  • Afterward I decided I was going to go this stripclub that I had been to several days before, but hadn't been in for a year or two before then.  When I went to this place on Tuesday I checked the weekly roster calendar and saw that an ATF and someone whom I saw, somehow, waitressing at a place I like to go to sometimes.  I thought not seeing her (naked) in a long time would induce her to ask me for a lapdance, to which I would have totally said yes to, but she didn't.  Oh well.  Tips for her and the other three girls, plus a Coke with tip: $11.
  • This is where my memory gets fuzzy.  Tuesday, December 4: I think I had breakfast on the ground floor eatery.  An English muffin sandwich.  English muffins are consistently underrated, I think.  Oh, I believe I used two cents from the penny tray: $3.75.
I'm caught up.  Hopefully I got it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment