Thursday, December 20, 2012

As expected, my last day at my current worksite is tomorrow.  However, as alluded to by a text I got from my temp contact, they might -- might -- bring me back in a couple weeks to help clean up flu season.  My supervisor and I were in the kitchen and talked about the situation for a few minutes.

That's great, because I certainly need the money.  And it's better that I am, for all intents and purposes, furloughed through the New Year; I can bring my car in, and I can finally relax.  But I kind of feel bad for the one other temp who is still working.  His last day is tomorrow, and he's a good guy.  Plus, I feel bad that I've called him by the wrong name the past few weeks.  That's compounded by the fact that I had called him by the right name before then.

By the way, there's no guarantee that I will be back.  Fingers crossed.

In the meantime, I need to pick up some money at this restaurant for my parents.  Then I hope to double back to The Store to clean up the mess that's still there; I'll blog about it some other time.  I hope I make it, because fatigue is tackling me right now, and I will also be driving into the low-horizon sun.  Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment