Monday, December 31, 2012

Small Blogging Milestone

I want to note before the year turns that this will be my 435th blog entry of 2012.  I have blown past the record of most in a year.  More importantly for me, I have reversed a troubling trend of blogging on Wailing And Failing less over the years.

This person blog got up and running January 1, 2009, and that year I finished with 417 posts.  That was a high water mark, because it went down to 414 in 2010 and 408 for 2011.  This blog means a lot to me, so I was worried the reason or reasons were to post on the blog less often.  Was it work?  Other commitments? Did I not want to do it anymore?  Did I have nothing to say?

So, admittedly, I decided this year to throw some record-keeping shit on WAF -- Expenses Without Receipt, mostly.  That way I can keep track of what I spent at the same time shore up the entries here.  I hope/think that is the reason I bent the curve of the decline and topped my yearly record.  Now I hope I have more to actually say for next year and beyond beyond EWR.

Oh, and another thing I was afraid I wouldn't be able to do is double-post on days.  To me it doesn't seem like I've done that more often this year, but yet I cannot argue with the number.  I hopefully will be able to post one more time in 2012 about my 2012 later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment