Friday, December 7, 2012

Family took advantage of Burger King's deal this weekend -- you know, the one where you can buy a Whopper at regular price and get another one for 55 cents.  (Caveat: As I've been told, the Whoppers you buy at regular price are one of the two special Whoppers, the Wisconsin White Cheddar and the Angry.  And the 55-cent Whoppers are the Originals and Originals only.)  McDonald's has a similar, better deal: Buy either a Big Mac or Quarter Pounder with Cheese and get a center for only one cent.  But my folks like BK more than Mickey D's.

My health insurance correspondence goes through The Store's address -- well, not really The Store's address but the address listed to the storage space above The Store.  When I applied for the first time, they said to use that address even though I was living at home.  Made me look poorer, I think.

I will now join these two facts together.  Today Mother and I sat down to eat (Father didn't want to, for some reason).  She told me that more letters from the state came to The Store and wondered why I hadn't changed the address to the one at home -- "Because pretty soon The Store is closing."

What I wanted to do was plug my ears and go "BLAH-BLAH-BLAH, I CAN'T HEAR YOU, IT CAN'T HAPPEN!  IT CAN'T CLOSE!!!"  Instead I just yelled at her: "I know that, Mom, you don't have to remind me!!!"  I don't know if she could tell that I was upset over The Store, if she couldn't have sensed that already.  But it was the first time since I signed that onerous goddamn contract that I went off on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment