Tuesday, April 14, 2020

I'm Thinkin' I'm Not Too Long For Work

Bad (half-) day at work today.  Maybe I'll quit.  Maybe I'm being fired.

My supervisor fuckin' gave me lip.  The computer wasn't generating images from the applications we scanned, so I checked this computer to make sure it was, uh, generating.  It looked like it was, but I went back to my computer to check, and it still wasn't, uh, generating.  So my supervisor looks at this computer and pushes a button, and it started to, uh, generate.  Didn't think it needed to be done because, according to the screen, I should have seen images.  Apparently what I thought was a sign that I would get images was not.

So I go check this computer again, trying to see why she did something that made it, you know, go.  I blurted out something non-passive-aggressive, to which she replied something to the effect of, "Well, you here, and. ..."  And what?  What?  I didn't do something that you think I should have known to do, and you are therefore superior to me because you did it and you know you had to do it?  Fuck that noise.  Didn't need her bitchy tone.

So shit like that might be why I quit.  Why I might be fired is because, on at least two occasions, I felt as though a task that I could have and should have done was given instead to other people, specifically to other people that have less seniority.  Eavesdropping, I'm not sure I even know what to do.  But that would raise the issue of why don't I know how to do these tasks these two people who were hired behind me apparently know.

They say that a sign that you're going to be fired is that tasks that would be assigned to you are assigned to other people instead.  Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment