Monday, April 13, 2020

Forgot My Aunt

This is a good time to talk to everyone.  And it's high time that I talk to my aunt -- as in, the one who stayed with us, inexplicably, for two weeks.  She gave me her personal information before she left because she wanted to keep in touch, and even though I didn't think she should have stayed her for two damn weeks, I wanted to be nice to her because I don't think either of my parents were nice to her while she was here.

I swear I threw that information in my desk.  But I haven't found it, and so calling her slipped my mind (although, to be fair, I kind of forgot to speak to her after she left, disappearing info or no).  And although I have had a fleeting thought of, "Hey, you know, maybe I should speak to my aunt!" from time to time, I have yet to speak to her in the, uh, 18 Months since she left.

About a year ago I was at my aunt and uncle's place for dinner, and I told them about calling her, and my aunt said that she will give me her number … but she didn't think it was the right time to give it to me then, and I haven't asked for it since.

Had a thought to call her … well, now.  But I tried looking for her number and it's still lost.  And since my parents don't want me to speak to her, if I do get my aunt's number, I'll have to call her while I'm out of the house, and since I'm only out of the house (at least for now) in the daytime, I'm not sure if I can call her in Hong Kong.  But shoot, I need to call her.  It's beyond time.

I hope she can forgive me.  I hope she can remember me, heck. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment