Sunday, December 23, 2018

Need To Be A Good Family Member (Sigh)

So on my agenda today are three things, all family-related:

  1. I have totally forgotten to talk to my aunt from Hong Kong, the one who decided to come here for two weeks.  She left me a couple messages a couple months ago, and I need to call her back.  The thing is, I need a phone card to call her.  But then I remembered that I still have a phone card from when I called Grandmother from time to time.  So now I have no excuse.  I just hope that she remembers me, or isn't pissed at me.
  2. I need to visit Grandmother's best friend, something I haven't done in a while.  The last time I saw her, her face was bruised.  She fell, though she didn't talk about it.  Instead, the first thing she said when she saw me was her plans to go to Paris with her friend.  Again.  And I'm sure she'll say it again when I drop by this afternoon ... assuming ...
  3. And after that I need to drop by my brother's and sister-in-law's and niece's place to give them their presents.  I'm still dreading it.  We still don't get along, and I've shown it by not speaking to him all year.  I contact them through the wife.  I barely speak to my niece, and I have no idea if she likes me or even knows me.  I have this urge to just get out of there as soon as I get in, but what kind of family member would that make me?  But what happens if they invite me to stay for dinner?  What then?
Shoot, this being a good family member thing is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment