Sunday, December 2, 2018

Hey, Whatever Happened To The Donnas?

This was an idle thought I have had off an on: Whatever happened to The Donnas?  You know:



Why them? I don't know. I just know that this is one of the best pure rock songs I've ever heard, and they just ... disappeared.

I have thought about them from time to time.  On Wikipedia, they said that they played their last gig in Des Moines, Iowa, and then just stopped.

Um ... yeah, looks like they have stopped.  And although I assume that all the members of the band are still in touch, they've gone not only their separate ways, but also are doing things out of music.  Original drummer Tory Castellano (aka Donna C.), for example, had to quit because of chronic shoulder issues, went to Stanford (The Donnas are from the Bay Area), and after graduating in 2013 went to Harvard Law.  This according to Wikipedia.

And just over a year ago, there were a couple articles about lead singer Brett Anderson (aka Donna A.).  Although she is scoring commercials, it looks as though she graduated back in May with a degree in psychology and is into research now.  Interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment