Wednesday, December 26, 2018

So I Get To Sleep In The Rest Of This Week, Right? Nope!

I have been shifted in my schedule for this week, what stands to be the first time I will actually be "floating."  I am filling in for someone on second shift, which means that instead of a 6:30-3 workday, it'll be 1:30-10 for the next three days starting today.

That's great.  I won't have to wake up overnight to start my day.  In fact, it should mean that I can sleep in however the hell I want, right?  Uh, that's not going to be the case, unfortunately:
  • There appears to be a puncture in my tire.  And with weather getting a little hairy with a snow/ice/rainstorm coming the next three days, I think it's best that I wake up early and go to this place to get my tire patched up.  I was going to wake up early anyway because, with this shift in the schedule, I have time to watch Boxing Day EPL matches.  I will get liquored up, go down to the Mall Of America to see shoppers get really passionate now that they can shop for themselves, get a salad and then go immediately to work.  That is assuming I get my tired patched up.
  • I could let this wait, but I think it's best that I see Grandmother's best friend Thursday morning.  That way I can pay my AAA membership on the way back.  That would also free up my Monday/New Year's Eve to do something else.  And ... well, she is getting up there in age. ...
  • The drive in on Friday morning appears to be the worst (although the worst period of time to drive with this incoming storm looks to be tonight, sadly).  So if there is any time to just sleep in, it'll be on this day.  That is assuming that the forecast is right and there will be at most a couple inches of snow.  Otherwise, I'm getting up early to bleepin' shovel.
I accomplished a lot on an otherwise lazy Christmas.  Balances out all the crap I have to do the rest of the week, even though the work schedule would be a whole lot easier on my body.

Wait, I have to get gasoline in the morning, too.  Need to go to bed now.  Night-night.

No comments:

Post a Comment