Saturday, December 22, 2018

I'm Not Half The Man I Used To Be Because My Stomach Isn't Half The Stomach It Used To Be

I don't remember the last time I had such an amazing night out eating at a fancy restaurant, course-for-course, than where I went last night.  However, I ate too much and overindulged.  Maybe my friend wanting to split three appetizers didn't help.  But the dessert -- oh, damn, it was so good, and yet my blood sugar spiked to the atmosphere and my stomach shut down.  I was so tired getting home, and I wasn't able to talk to Mother like I wanted to because I think I ate so much my body just wanted to shut down to process it all.

Can't help but think that if I were in my twenties that dinner wouldn't knock me for such a loop.  But I'm not, so it did.  Again, I'm not complaining over the food.  Just the aftereffects, of which I'm still suffering now.

No comments:

Post a Comment