Tuesday, December 11, 2018

To Donate Perfectly Good Themalwear

It's Monday, which means it's time to exchange all my clothes for new ones.  (Yes, I change my clothes on weekly.  Wanna fight?)  And since it's winter, that includes thermal underwear, tops and bottoms.

Right now I am wearing this white Starter (remember them?) thermal shirt.  I think it was one of the last things I bought from my local K-Mart before they shut down for good.  It fits me just fine and it keeps me warm just fine.

One problem, which I noticed as soon as I put it on: It makes me itch.  Specifically, there is one spot on the inside of the shirt that makes me itch.  It's on the right shoulder, right around the clavicle, and that's because the stitching is bunched up there.  That part is making me itch, and it pisses me off.

I have another thermal shirt that is stitched up at the exact same place and makes me scratch my collarbone red because of it.  Well, maybe I had that shirt, because I may have become so frustrated with scratching myself all day that I decided to donate what was an otherwise-fine shirt to Goodwill because of that one glaring problem.  And as first-world problem-ish that is, I think I was justified with that annoying shirt (if I indeed donated it already), and if this itching keeps up, I would not hesitate doing the same with this one, too.

Add this shirt, and maybe that shirt, to a third shirt which is so short it pokes up from behind, exposing the small of my back.  That one is the warmest and heartiest thermal top I have, and yet because of that up-riding, I'm thinking of donating that, too.  Oh, and the Puma running bottoms I got at a huge discount because my sister worked there ... well, the elastic waistband is too loose, so I don't think I will wear that anymore.  That one I definitely will donate -- and three other shirts might go along with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment