Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Yeah, Uh, No, I'm Not Going To Get To Work On Time

I've been slipping later and later getting to work.  I used to get there one, two minutes early when I punch in.  But lately -- eh, one minute late has become two, and yesterday (Tuesday) morning it was three.  It was five minutes once, but that was when the snow made everyone in the Twin Cities panic and slow down.

I can blame the weather.  But really, it's these damn hours that have broken me.  Good God, I'm waking up at 5:30 in the morning -- 5:30!!!  And trying to impress my higher-ups has devolved into, "Holy shit, I'm up at 5:30 in the morning.  What am I, a farmer?"  That tired unbelievability has broken me, and now I'm just glad I get there before my ten-minute grace period bites me.

Seriously, these early shifts are killing me.  I don't know how long I can deal with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment