Thursday, December 20, 2018

Still Not Getting It

Was in the new department all day today in anticipation for working there second shift all by myself next week.  Felt good not to have my supervisor there.  It's totally not his fault, but based on the fact that he's an authority figure -- and my authority figure -- I sort of get the willies whenever I'm around him.

Instead, however, I was bothering the three other people in the department with all sorts of questions which, frankly, I should have known myself.  Very demoralizing for me.  But the worst part about it was seeing a bunch of applications I did being put in a place different from where I put it yesterday.  And I put them in the wrong place.  When I saw them on the hanging basket instead of the basket this morning, I was mentally slapping myself in the head for not remembering.  Of course those things go in the hanging basket!

I could use more practice.  A lot more practice.  That I won't have, however.  I am in my old department tomorrow, and in a weird situation Saturday, I start off at the new department but work there for only two hours, switching to the old department for the remainder of the day.  (Yesterday I mentally laid out my schedule for the week.  I alternate strictly between the two places a total of six times.)  I am so screwed next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment