Friday, December 14, 2018

No One There Likes Chocolate?

Yesterday/Thursday work had another food-related shindig.  It was our Secret Santa/bring-cookies-to-work, holiday-themed day.  We exchanged gifts (I gave a candle; I got a Subway card) and brought treats for all of us to eat.

As I always have, I have used this as an excuse to buy high-end chocolates.  Can't get enough of 'em, and I thought the rest of the crew would agree.  But after opening up the box in the morning, no one, and I repeat no one, has touched my chocolates.  OK, maybe a few have.  But there are way more chocolates than I thought there would be.  There are two layers to the box, and they haven't even gotten through the first layer yet.

I don't the reason people aren't touching them.  They look great, and once they bite into one of the bonbons, they'll know they taste great, too.  Is it because of the rule where you can't eat at our desks?  Do they not like chocolate?  Or ... do they not like me?

At any rate, if this keeps up, I will have no reason to buy chocolates.  Well, I could order these bougie chocolates for myself.  Maybe that's what I'll have to do, instead of wasting chocolates on people who don't like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment