Friday, April 10, 2020

No Alcohol For Me This Weekend, Oh No

So I thought I'd dart into a liquor store (they're considered essential here in Minnesota) to get some alcohol and I was immediately confronted by a worker barking out commands: "This way!  THIS WAY!!!  Credit cards only, stay six feet away from each other, and you must use a cart!"  I understand what she was trying to enforce and how she was enforcing it, but damn, her tone totally turned me off from buying any liquor.  Well, that and the fact that I couldn't find what I wanted -- a single can of hard cider.  Actually, to be honest with myself, I could have been treated so nicely and I still would've walked out of there with nothing because I couldn't find what I wanted.

I am daunted by the prospect of drinking only water or milk this weekend; the juice I bought last weekend I finished last night.  I think I can get through the weekend without alcohol, but can I?

Anyway, that woman needs to lay the fuck off, doing the right thing or no.  That's what I want to get off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment