Sunday, August 14, 2022

Maybe I Shouldn't've Gone Out Today

I actually thought I could just stay in today/Sunday.  My parents wanted to teach me how to cook pork, even though I did it once or twice before, because they are going to leave me a bunch of frozen chops and they wanted me to cook them the right way.  I thought I did it the right way, but frankly, I've grown up eating the pork chops they made, and they are delicious, even though I don't know any better.  Anyway, with that and maybe mowing the lawn, there was enough of my day where, if I woke up late because I had nowhere to be on a Sunday, I'd get up whenever, learn how to cook pork chops my parents' way, maybe then mow the lawn, and then most of it not all of my afternoon would be spoken for.  I still have papers to go through, after all, and this day would have been the perfect day to go through them.

When I finally woke up (around 11 -- egad) and popped my head out to eat a very late breakfast/early lunch, I asked about when they can show me how.  And they said, "Well, we figure that since we're eating pork tonight, we'd show you around dinnertime ... after you come back."  Dinnertime to them, by the way, is around 4.  Anyway, when I heard, "After you come back," I felt like the lock on my cage sprang free.  Try as I might -- and sometimes I don't try that hard, to be honest -- I remain uncomfortable just hanging out at home with my folks during the day.  I feel as though I should be doing something that they are satisfied with -- something like cleaning my room.  But I can't clean my room if I'm off, and so I've been conditioned to find excuses to get out of the house during weekend days as much as possible.  I'm not sure if they'd be so pissed these days if I would just stay in my room and watch TV, but, you know, still.

So, now that I know they expected me to just leave in the afternoon, I left in the afternoon.  (However, Father did teach me how to prepare the chops -- tenderize them, rub it down with some seasoning -- before I left.)  Didn't think I'd spend any money today, just thought I'd walk around the Sculpture Garden if there was space to park (there wasn't, so I didn't walk), then go to the library to knock down some of my voluminous e-mails.  But the darnedest thing happened this Sunday afternoon: Too many jerks driving fast and cutting me off like they're racing in NASCAR.  I could've gone without seeing or dealing with that today.  Oh, well.  Once I got back home, I was taught to use water to continue to juice up the chops and to cook the pork between three and five minutes on each side.  Oh, and after dinner I mowed the lawn.  Don't know if I'll have any time to do it next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment