Tuesday, August 9, 2022

This Is Going To Come To A Head

Got another pissy e-mail from someone who I asked for some information last week.  "You know, it really bothers me that you can't look this up by the company name written on the form!"  Bitch, first of all, it's my job to document the information you give me.  It ain't my right to just fill in numbers for you.  And also, she mentions the name of the company and wondered why I couldn't look it up.  The name of the company she typed in is a different name from the one written on the form from which I politely asked her for information.  The name on our system is the one she so rudely gave me on her e-mail, not on the form ... in which case, how in the fuck could I look up the name if it's written wrong?

This is the third time I've had a run-in with some mannerless prick.  This time around, I took a couple deep breaths before I passed this e-mail to my boss.  He said to document it in our system and shake it off like water off a duck's back.  I appreciate him helping -- he did say that in future run-ins with her or anybody who's being an asshole to tell him -- but shaking it off is easier said than done.  Immediately after reading that e-mail I could feel the twinge come up my left leg and into the left side of my hip.  Both areas have been problem areas since New Year's Day.  I've noticed that stress seems to pool in both places.  I've looked it up; there's such a thing called "fascia flossing," and it's a massage technique using the theory that stress gravitates and sticks to the fascia, which is connective tissue that is everywhere in your body.  I need to do more of that (assuming it works), but then again, I wouldn't have to do that if I didn't get triggered by unprofessional goddamn e-mails like the one sent to me by this arrogant buffoon yesterday.

Like I knew was going to happen, I'm going to continue to be confronted with such rude people.  And it's going to come to a head.  One day, I'll see another shitpost from some unqualified, uneducated hack just because I'm doing my job and I'll have to defend myself by basically telling that person, in a certain way, that he or she can go fuck him- or herself if he or she doesn't like what I asked.  And then I'll be fired, and I'll know that, so I'll make goddamn sure I get my insults in.

But I can't do that.  But I don't know if I will stop myself in the moment, or if I even would want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment