Monday, August 1, 2022

Too Damn Hot

Yeah, first day with my parents back home and Father continues to make the decision to not turn on the air conditioning, This despite it being hot and humid now, and getting hotter and more humid for the rest of the week.

From time to time I have resented Father being so cheap.  This consistently is one of them.  It is simply to damn hot to sleep in this weather.  I have to sleep naked ... which, to be fair, I'm not totally against, but I hate it if I need to in order to combat the heat.  Not only can I not sleep in this weather, I can't think in this weather.  Hell, I spent 90 minutes scrolling through my phone.  Sure, I may do that anyway, but I could have gotten up and showered a lot earlier than I did, and I didn't because it's too damn hot to do anything.  I hear that salamanders just laze in the sun.  I can see that happening with humans, too.

With that being said, when you're the one paying the bills, it's not automatic that you switch on the AC.  When the heat wave of the summer first hit, I did my best not to turn it on.  I switched on the central fan feature, and I brought up a couple fans from the basement to circulate the air while I was sleeping.  But eventually that wasn't enough.  The air was just too humid for me to keep going on like this.  So I turned on the air conditioning.  And, frankly, I have turned it on, off and on, ever since.  The bills could skyrocket and I'm contributing to climate change, but frankly, I didn't care.  And right now, I don't care.  Wish the damn AC would be on.  Ick.

No comments:

Post a Comment