Thursday, August 4, 2022

I've Got A Bad Feeling About Work Today

Go back to The Fourth Department today and tomorrow.  Hadn't been there in a week.  Don't miss it.

My fear was prompted by a conversation I overheard when I was typing in my Main Department between two of my co-workers.  One of them has the same position as me; the other is a lifer who's been in this particular department, I think, for over a decade now.  This lifer started making small talk to the other about how work is back there.  Then she asked if she got any guff.  "No," she said, "Not yet.  Well, I mean, there have been a couple dodgy calls (I'm paraphrasing), but nothing bad, really."

I believe in bad omens, and therefore, I think something bad's going to happen.  And maybe I'm manifesting this into existence, but I'm ready for any crap I have to take on the phone from some anxious client or some person in the other building cajoling me into giving her information I have been forbidden to give her.  I think I'm going to bow up, steel my spine, and talk back to anyone who wants to cross me today.  Because you have to give even better than you get in this position.  And by the force of Buddha, I hope to have the courage to defend myself.  Wish me luck.  Well, better yet to wish that I don't have to deal with any stupid people today.

No comments:

Post a Comment