Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Yeah, Back To Hating My Co-Workers

You know, I keep making the mistake at work of checking the number of forms in a folder and then not closing down the software system in which I check those out.  It's a very basic Graphic User Interface and yet only one person can look at that particular folder at a time.

I keep making this mistake in my Main Department, when I'm scanning in the forms.  There is a certain number of these per folder.  If there isn't, you are asked to go onto this system and check if the list of forms include (and it's hard to describe so I'm going to be vague about it) forms that don't need to be there for one reason or another.  If you subtract those already-accounted-for forms and that difference is the number of forms you scanned in, you're OK.  If not, it's time to manually count the forms to see if this problem needs to be passed along to a supervisor.

Anyway, my problem is that the count of scanned forms is not what I expect, I go onto the system to make sure they're all supposed to be there ... and then I forget to shut down that software because someone in the lab usually is looking at the same folder at the same time.  That means that people on the lab side of our department have to go up to a pass-through window and shout for the someone who has opened up that folder to get out of it so they can do whatever important work they have to do.

That someone, by the way, usually is me.  And this fucking happened again fucking yesterday/Monday.  I see this person who, uh, warned me to get out of the software, but it's not like I have ever spoken to her, let alone struck up small talk with her.  But I can't get over this particular incident not because I did it again, although that's bad enough, but I say "Sorry!" (like I always do when I stay on the screen) and she didn't fucking goddamn acknowledge me.  None of the lab people ever do, to be honest, but this one irks me, not gonna lie.  And by the way, I had to look up the number of forms in this particular folder because she fucked up.  I scanned one fewer than the number the software says I should have had, and I had to double-check to make sure I wasn't seeing things incorrectly.  If that lab worker hadn't screwed up the count in the first place (and I think she eventually had to delete a form that was listed there but wasn't supposed to be there), I wouldn't have panicked when seeing the wrong count again, frantically counted all the papers and totally forget I was still on that screen.

So this means I'm back to hating my co-workers.  Well, she might not be a co-worker per se, but we work for the same company and in the same building, so, yeah, technically she's my co-worker.  You want to be that, uh, brusque with me at work, I see no good coming out of socializing with you at all away from it.  And like I said, IT'S YOUR DAMN FAULT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment