Thursday, August 18, 2022

Yesterday Fucking Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked

Yeah, yesterday was the day at work I feared and expected.  The horridness of the day unfolded in a way I didn't quite anticipate, however.  All this time I was worried about the people I had to reach out to being nasty to me.  Yesterday, however, it was my co-workers, all my co-workers, who were short with me and with whom I was short in return.  It doesn't help things when the first thing you see getting into work are the mistakes that you made the previous day and you have to start your day by going back and fixing them.  And then you had people you work with nagging you about "You need to do this!" followed by "Why are you telling me this?"  To which I can only reply, er, respectively, "I didn't fucking know I have to do this!" and "Because I don't fucking know, and I need you to tell me!"

I have complained about people I have had to contact for information being bitchy to me.  That is never fun.  However, it hits different when the people being assholes to you are people in the same company as you, even people you see during the day.  It's bad enough that you ever have contact with that toxicity.  But if the fights you are having are with people who are within proximity to you (as in the same campus), if not working next to you, you can't slam the phone down, or ignore the e-mail.  That poison is around you, and it can potentially get nasty between you two again the next day, and there's no avoiding that the way you can not talk to some contact from some other company, which makes your working environment even more toxic.

Since the day started out shitty, I just couldn't, or didn't, want to shake my bad mood.  I stayed later than I had the previous two days.  The number of forms that came in was much higher than Monday but a little lower than Tuesday.  No, the delay in me leaving, and the stress of all 9 1/2 hours before I could leave, came with all the other weird fucking bullshit I had to deal with.

So, unto the breach I go again today.  My co-worker, with whom I noticed I was short with when all this goddamn mess came onto me, said it is a new day.  It is a new day.  It can't get any worse.  Then again, I don't know that.  It could be a new day for more fucking bullshit to come at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment