Sunday, July 31, 2022

My Thirst

Running around yesterday/Saturday between the United Match (crazy-ass Game that turned out to be) and putting the finishing touches around the house in time for my parents to come back, I have developed a thirst.  It happens from time to time when I'm doing things at a breakneck pace, and it also usually happens in the summer.  Yesterday/Saturday was hot, with temperatures just below 90, but it was not humid (the dew point was below 60).  It will be hot and humid starting today/Sunday, and I think that will last through next weekend.

So all day yesterday/Saturday I was thirst as all get-out.  I had two mini-Cokes, and I burned through both of them, the last one finished as I was on my way to pick up my parents from the airport.  Also, while topping off the tank in my parents' minivan, I dashed in an bought a bottle of generic apple juice.  I got back into the minivan, opened up the bottle and drank around half.  Once I got to my driveway (which is not far at all; I could walk from this gas station to my house in 15-20 minutes), I drank the rest.  Thirst, I tell you.

Reminds me I should pick up some juice on the way back from watching the Women's Euro Final this/Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment