Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Getting Fit To Getting Fat

I planned on working out last/Tuesday night, then eating a smoothie once I got back home, then showering, then going to bed.  It was supposed to be a "get fit" day.

But on Monday night I saw that The Zombies were going to be at First Avenue.  I'm single, have no kids, have disposable income, and want to see musical acts whose songs I've enjoyed and sung to my entire life before it's too late.

So, I went and bought a ticket.  Had a beer, too.  Good show, although the keyboardist was talking a tad too long.  (Aside: He was telling stories when The Zombies were young.  And I notice that many musical artists, especially ones who grew into prominence before the Soundscan era, go on and on and on about how their songs reached the top of the charts.  No act who grew up, say, since the turn of the millennium talk and thus care about such things.  But this keyboardist did.  It was the way music groups back then measured success.  When their song hit #1, I guess that was the surest sign to them that they made it.)  

And I guess I was so hyped after the show -- I thought the two remaining original members of the band did one final song just for us, but it turns out they always close their show with "The Way I Feel Inside," and I guess I just didn't scroll down the setlist, which they don't change up, enough -- that I said "nah!" to my health and popped into Pizza Luce for a slice of pizza.  Didn't get a pop or a root beer, though, which is my custom.

Neverthless, I went from trying to get fit to drinking beer and eating pizza ... although, I must say, I did have that smoothie; I just followed that up with an unhealthy piece of pizza.  So not only did I not eat well, I ate a lot as well -- which was something I didn't plan on doing going into yesterday/Tuesday.

I'll hate myself in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment