Monday, July 25, 2022

My Security Guards, My Parents

I don't think I realized this until I blurted it out to ******a as she was rubbing me down.  While it's a pain in the ass to have my parents come back home, I have to admit that there are some ways in which I actually look forward to them coming home.  For one thing, it will be nice to see them all healthy, which I assume they are.  Second, I miss Mother's cooking -- both because it tastes good and because it saves me money that I don't have to spend eating out.

But the third thing is something a bit more subtle.  I am sleeping odd hours -- a half-hour nap here, four hours overnight there, etc.  If I recall correctly, I take much longer and deeper naps when they're at home.  Now, one of the reasons why is I try to retreat into my bedroom as much as possible while they're home, so lying in bed so often leads to sleeping.  But I think there is a security in knowing other people are living in the same house as you.  I think the reason why my sleep is very often shallow is because my body is instinctively ready to jump into action in case someone's as the door or water is leaking in the basement.  I don't have to do that if I feel as though other people are going to take care of any issue that arises.  And if I am being honest with myself, that is what my parents have done a lot in my life: Take care of any issues that arise.  Once they get home to guard the house, I can drift peacefully into Dreamland as often and for as long as I want.

Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment