Sunday, July 10, 2022

6:30-7-Off-7-8-7-8

Those are my starting shift times this week, beginning today/Sunday.  Yeah, I'm working six days this week.  Gah.

Some time ago my boss said someone who usually works today wanted off, and assuming that we were still trying to do only 40 hours, he gave me Tuesday off instead.  But there's still a vacancy for a position that would fill that Saturday slot, and I and another person who has Saturdays off are kind of coming in every other Saturday for the time being.  Maybe he forgot, maybe I did, but someone had to come in Saturday, so late last week he asked for either of us to take it.  I said I was available, the other person came in last Saturday (which was yesterday), so it was my turn.

Add to it that The Fourth Department is staying unfilled and people are still taking days off, I'm filling in a couple different days.  Of the three days I'm starting at 7, only two of those days am I in my main department.  Suffice it to say, I have never had such a schedule before.  I don't think I have ever worked a week where I work every day but Tuesday.  But here I am.

---

I am tired as fuck right now.  It wasn't great today, then I ate a huge meal at Bonchon -- chicken's fantastic, but those tacos were a lot, delectable as they were -- and then I got a mini Blizzard at DQ, then I slept.  I was supposed to be on a Zoom and I got one 15 minutes later than I usually do because I wanted to sleep in.  I'm done now, and I want to go back to sleep.  No rest for the wicked, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment