Monday, June 11, 2012

Addendum To Waitress/Stripper Mad At Me???

I just reread my last blog post, the one about a waitress at My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Version) being pissed at me for not paying for my coffee.  I was afraid that I was crashing so bad that the end of the post would be unreadable.  Well, it wasn't as bad as I feared, but I still didn't say what I wanted to say.  In particular the last five paragraphs, beginning with "But I need this place," kind of got a little screwy.

So this is what I want to say, although I may be repeating myself a bit.  To make up for previous slights, I gave this peacemaker five bucks for coffees given previous.  Later I saw this passive-aggressive waitress at the bar.  We weren't close enough to talk to each other, but we could have made eye contact, so I made certain that I didn't.  And because I wanted to avoid any other weird social situations going down, I left through the side door.

I appreciate what this "peacemaking" stripper did, but it resolves nothing.  What would resolve it is if the waitress and I aired this out.  We didn't do that; instead we have this proxy telling both of us the other is cool with it.  That don't change shit.

And now I have to worry about coming back.  She is the main waitress, so at some point I will be seeing her again.  So what do I do?  Avoid her and act like nothing happened?  Be demonstrative and make a point of paying for my coffee?

I know what I'll do.  I just won't go back to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Edition), at least not for awhile.  Maybe, oh, for a month.  Let's just see what not seeing each other will do.  Because I now can't go from the free screening of That's My Boy (which I'm seeing for the second time, the first time from the beginning) to there to see the end of Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals.  It'll be too fucking strange.  So I'll just run away and stay away, possible for the rest of this year, maybe forever.  And all because a babe who has always given me free coffee complained passive-aggressively to someone else about me getting free coffee from her.  I fucking can't win.

No comments:

Post a Comment