Saturday, June 23, 2012

Gatorade Hijinks

My main fitness center is closed most hours on the weekend.  In fact, they are closed for the next two Saturdays, which would have been perfect days for me to exercise and battle my weight, which I need to do.  I was lucky that I sought out other community centers around where I live that I could work out for cheap.  So my main plan this weekend is to check out two other places, one Friday evening and one Saturday.

Meanwhile, I am starting to get into using Gatorade while I'm there.  In fact, I've been sucked in with the company's 1-2-3 rehydration protocol/drink series/marketing ploy.  Whenever I can, I plan ahead and buy all three products, and when I can't, I have stopped in a gas station a couple times and gotten the 3/"Recover" drink.  And so, even though I started off to this community center around 8 when it closes at 10, I stopped by Target to get two each of the "Prime," "Perform" and "Recover" bottles -- all for $8.50, BTW.

After I got to the center, two things involving the Gatorade I bought and put into the trunk broke my stride:
  1. Once I started changing I forgot to bring in the "2" drink with me to drink while exercising.  I had changed everything but my shirt, and I didn't want to change back, so I did something I'm sure rec centers frowned upon: I wore my "indoor" sneakers outside so I could retrieve the drink from my trunk.  I don't think I've ever worn my exercise tennis outdoors, mostly because they say that just wearing your everyday sneakers while working out makes the fitness center dirty and may contaminate the room, or something.  And I felt bad for "soiling" my indoor tennis shoes.  The only time I have ever worn these shows away from an exercise area was when I was trying them on at Payless.  And all because I forgot my Gatorade in the car.
  2. After I got done I went back to the trunk to take out one of the "3"/Recover shakes to drink.  But I couldn't find it in the back.  And I checked all around the trunk (even though it was dark) and it wasn't loose anywhere in my trunk.  So I remembered: Those "Recover" shakes were the first drinks the checkout girl scanned, and it's possible that she put them in a separate bag.  I swear that she only gave me one once we were done.  So unless I was really careless and I, for example, did not pick up this second bag when I walked away from the checkout girl and put them down on another checkout lane so I could put my money away, she probably forgot to give it to me.  At least the Target ladies who helped me when I called them a quarter after 10 (when the receipt said I checked out at 8:03) were very helpful; I just have to come back tomorrow and show them my receipt.  But too bad I couldn't complete my regimen by "properly" finishing my workout by replenishing the nutrients I lost while exercising, so Gatorade says.

No comments:

Post a Comment