Saturday, June 16, 2012

Addendum To Streetlamp Turned Off = Small Government, No Safety?

I forgot to add a big reason why I hate the lamppost near our house is now usually turned off.  I was not conscious of the fact that I use it to see where the house is.  I have always known, if not aware, that the house right before the light was ours.  Now that that streetlamp is dark when I get to my house, it takes me a few seconds before I realize I have to figure out which house is ours on my own.  That has made me hesitate several times, suddenly braking when I thought I was about to pass the house, only to speed up after I see that it's just one of the houses before, then braking again when I'm actually at our house.

Now I know how important that is -- not just for my safety, but for my orientation.

2 comments:

  1. The streetlight has something to do with whether you like chicks or dudes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, let me rewrite the last sentence: "Now I know how important that is -- not for knowing where the hell am I, but also for avoiding a fucking accident.

    (Although, the way my love life is going, I should question my orientation regardless of the streetlight.)

    ReplyDelete