Sunday, January 13, 2013

Nightmare

At The Store -- Buddha bless it!! -- there are two bathrooms.  One of them is the "employee" bathroom.  It's behind where the cash register is, in the middle of The Store.  There's also a small room attached to it, and for the longest time there was a lounge chair in there.  So if we got bored (when we were young) my brother and I would sleep there.  And later, when there was nothing to do, Father (I assume) would go in there and take a nap.

The toilet in there is a sty.  It hasn't been cleaned in ... honestly, I would guess it never had a thorough cleaning since The Store opened.  Day One.  I wanted to do that while my parents were gone, but them cutting their wintering in Las Vegas scuttled those plans.

Dude, you should see it.  The bowl is dirty, but the worst part are the rings of calcium and rust built up at the waterline.  I've used some cleaner where I just let it sit in the toilet bowl, not brush it, and it took off peels of that limey buildup, kind of like peeling an orange.  But much of it remains.

Anyway, this morning I had this nightmare where I was eating soup out of it.

No, I don't have too many details.  I don't know how that nightmare began.  I might have been able to "take" the bowl with me as I ate at different places.  All I remember from this morning's nightmare is that this toilet was almost as dirty as the one at The Store, and I was eating soup out of it.

I just ate some cereal.  Typing those past two paragraphs makes me want to vomit.

No comments:

Post a Comment