Thursday, January 31, 2013

Expenses Without Receipt

Shit, I have to go all the way back to the 19th.  Has it been that long?

OK, starting with today, Wednesday, January 30:

  • Go back to Tuesday the 29th, where I finally saw Lincoln.  Yeah, Daniel Day-Lewis totally deserves the Oscar for this one, goddammit.  He's so good, I was convinced I was watching Abraham Lincoln himself.  Kind of a talky movie, but nonetheless very well done.  A-?  Anyway, I was watching at this place that offers a "Stimulus Tuesday" deal on their popcorn and pop, but starting this week they boosted the prices of those two by 50 cents apiece to two bucks.  I might have to re-evaluate if this is now the place to go to for cheap movies.  Till then, popcorn, pop and ticket equals: $9.25.
  • On Monday the 28th, I had nowhere to go until I decided to drive to St. Paul.  First of all I had a bad run-in with a state department worker over the phone and I thought I wanted to drive all the way over there to give her a piece of my mind; I might blog about that later.  I then went to the St. Paul Macy's to see if I could get any clearance deals before they close up shop.  The only thing I would want are expensive jeans, and at 50% off I think I can wait a little bit longer.  Anyway, decided this at the parking lot at Wendy's, where I decided to go eat because I got a coupon for a free single hamburger after the University of Minnesota men's hockey team beat either Notre Dame or Air Force earlier this month.  Glad I wrote down the price I paid for their cheapest fries and Coke: $2.12.
  • The Cobalt Cafe -- have I ever named this place -- is the coffeeshop connected to the Brookdale Library and Government Center.  I chilled here after going to St. Paul, and I got a coffee.  A large one, because between 2 and 3 it's a buck off.  With tip: $1.25.
  • On Mondays I'm supposed to call before I come home because I might need to buy chicken.  This past Monday Father wanted me to not only buy chicken but also lottery tickets.  He paid me back (although not entirely) for those things when I got home.  An infusion of: $20.
  • Saturday, January 26th. ...  Took up my gym's offer of a buy-one-month, get-one-month free deal: $15.
  • That night I went out, even though My Fucking Father got pissed off.  After taking in the ice cross downhill finals (that is Crashed Ice's technical name for the sport) I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Version) for the first time in three weeks.  And seeing how cash-poor I am now, it may be at least that long before I come in again.  Coffee and tips: $10.
  • I then went to Caffetto.  I could afford a small coffee.  With tip: $1.75.
  • All the way back to Wednesday the 23rd, a day that went from too many uninteresting choices to spend it to a startle to take food to Father to existentialism deriving from robots taking the jobs I want to have (I really need to blog about that), I went to a place called A Slice Of New York, on the north end of this place called Eat Street, somewhat close to the Minneapolis Institute Of Arts.  I was going to hit that place when I saw the Terracotta Warriors exhibit on Thursday before decided to eat inside the museum instead.  But since I was in the area after dropping by The soon-to-be-dead Store, I had a pizza and a coke.  Not bad.  Did I tip?  Was there a tip jar?  I don't think there was a tip jar.  Interesting: $5.32.
  • Tuesday the 22nd: The movie Wreck-It Ralph.  Very charming, and I kind of teared up when Wreck-It Ralph was plummeting to his death.  But was it a real game?  Is Sugar Rush a real game?  If not, then this was not the trip down my video game-dominated childhood I expected the movie to be.  B+.  The last time I enjoyed the movie's old prices for food, although the price of a ticket for weekdays already went up a quarter, presumably on the New Year: $8.25.
For now I'll say I'm all caught up.

No comments:

Post a Comment