Friday, January 11, 2013

Expenses Without Receipts

Since yesterday, Thursday, January 10, 2013:

  • Have to go back to Tuesday the 8th. ...  For the first time since before I started my temp job, I watched a movie, Jack Reacher.  It has a jaunty style and deceptively radical tone changes -- some of it worked, some didn't.  But the cinematography was great.  The centerpiece chase scene is as awesome (and CGI-free!!) as a centerpiece should be, but the opening scene, a silent view through a sniper's gunsight, is also great.  Eighties sensibilities is rife throughout this movie.  The one thing that keeps bothering me after watching is that very few of the pieces match up.  I still don't get how the bad guy got away with the initial murders.  And I still don't know how Jack Reacher just happens to show up at the right time.  Just because there wouldn't be a movie if he didn't, I guess.  B.  Oh, the price of a movie ticket at this place bumped up a quarter, but it's still Stimulus Tuesday, which means a small popcorn and Coke are still $1.50 each.  Total: $8.25.
  • ETA that I totally forgot what I did Tuesday evening: Go to the University of Minnesota men's hockey 1 vs. 2 or 1 vs. 3 (depending on which poll you use) against Notre Dame, which turned out to be a 4-1 ass-kicking.  Unfortunately I used up every single dollar in my wallet after scalping a ticket and buying a program, so I had to resort to using my credit card to buy my food.  The ticket cost $40!!!  Add the $4 program and you obviously get to: $44.
  • Monday the 7th ... parked my ass all day at a library.  They have a coffee shop, one I haven't been to in ages.  Coffee with tip is -- um, I totally forget, so I'm totally taking a shot in the dark: $2.25.
  • Saturday, January 5th: Only EWR is a tip for washing my car.  Had to use my credit card for everything else that day.  Man, the next statement is going to fucking hurt: $2.
  • And then that night I got around to signing the sympathy card I got for Aunt and Uncle's children.  As my other uncle told me, I put in some money: $30.
  • Friday the 4th ... Caffetto.  Man, what the fuck did I get?  I think that was the day I freaked out over my expenses, so I'm guessing I went for coffee instead of a mocha ... no, I had the mocha.  After I ordered I remember sauntering back to my computer to see if it was fully booted up yet, and I lingered at my laptop for a while.  I might have gotten a small mocha, though.  With tip: $6.50.
  • Wednesday the 2nd was the day I went to pick up my car and stopped at the coffeeshop next door to cool my heels until I saw Uncle.  With tip for coffee -- oh, I'll say: $2.25.
I spent a lot the past week, but apparently I have receipts for all of them.  Caught up to the 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment