Monday, January 21, 2013

Two Things


  1. Drank a Coke just now.  I've always loved Coke and Pepsi, even though I know it's bad for me and that it's always made me fatter, even more so in my advanced age.  My Fucking Father senses that and continues to nag at me for drinking it.  That's why I no longer drink pop at dinner, and in fact not even get a can while he can see or hear me, especially if I get the can from downstairs.  Made a point of doing that tonight, for example, just after I got done e-mailing something for Mother on Father's desktop.  He was taking a shower once I was done and took the can upstairs.  But I was dead tired, and thought that I could drink it as soon as I either took a nap or realized my body wasn't tired.  Well, it was, and I took a three-hour-plus nap.  I could've gotten the Coke from the refrigerator then, but I decided to watch Charlie Rose instead.  And after a half-hour, I hear the footsteps of My Fucking Father, going upstairs for a late-night snack, as usual.  He opened the fridge, which, since the contractor is putting tile on the kitchen floor, is just outside my bedroom door.  My Fucking Father saw the extra can of Coke.  And he's probably pissed.  And I guess I should've hid it from him before he came up, but instead, I'll be pissed at him and show it by dismissing him the next time he tells me, "You shouldn't drink Coke, you should drink orange juice instead!"  Nag.
  2. Inauguration Day.  Glad to see that Chief Justice John Roberts didn't fuck up the oath like he did last time.  In fact, the one person who stumbled was President Obama.  But this reminds me that four years ago virtually to the day, on Obama's first Inauguration, was my first serious interaction with Twitter.  I had heard about it before, and it was by no means the Internet juggernaut that it is now, but I had hear that some news site was going to live-tweet (although I don't think the word "tweet" was used, and I don't even think that "tweet" was a word yet, in fact) the historic ceremony -- was it Slate?  I think it was Slate.  I thought it was really fun, especially how the user/tweeter was a successful wise-ass with only 140 characters.  And then, not too far afterward, Twitter became big, real big.  Just wanted to mark that.

No comments:

Post a Comment