Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I Already Fucking Hate Digital TV

Instead of just trying to deal with a station coming through with static, with digital you have this "cliff" effect, where a signal is either coming in loud and clear or it doesn't and it pixelates and freezes or the screen just goes black.

Worst of all, as I discovered as I installed my converter box because the local CW affiliate stuck to the original switchover date and I didn't want to miss America's Next Top Model, I can't just plop my indoor antenna straight ahead and watch all my channels like normal. Each station comes in best when the antenna is pointing in a certain direction, and of course they can't all be in the same direction. And this was OK while in analog, but for digital signals static becomes frozen snow. So if I switch to a channel that has a very bad signal, I have to get up and move my antenna around I get something. But then I get restless and switch to yet another channel, and that doesn't come in the way the antenna is pointed then, so I have to get up and move that fucking thing again. And so on.

And oh yeah, digital is extremely sensitive. It's windy outside now. When there's a gust the image on my TV decomposes. Fuck, when I stand in a certain spot in my bedroom it goes to shit.

And I'm gonna have to deal with this shit forever?

No comments:

Post a Comment