Sunday, March 29, 2009

Facebook Is Becoming More Like Myspace

I'm not just talking about the redesign; it's terrible, but I don't remember the old version being all that accessible and pleasing to the eye either. It's just that my friends keep sending me things that have gotten to be overwhelming. First it was photos, then it was forwards (including that 25 Things About Me meme that spread around the world like wildfire for, like, 15 minutes then stopped), then invitations to these online games like "Mafia Wars," and now it's these five albums/TV shows/films that you like the best/most influence you/made people think you were going to shoot up the high school lists. They're meant to be in fun but it's gotten to be quite annoying, to be honest about it.

Sending forwards, sharing photos, getting invited to download childish applications and blogging about every single insignificant detail in your life (even if it's the Twitter-like micro-blogging that facebook's description line doesn't call itself) is what I think MySpace is. Those are the reasons why I use facebook. And now facebook is becoming more and more like MySpace. If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I might as well go back to MySpace because MySpace did it first, and facebook ain't nothin' but a poser.

Oh yeah, and I can't even start talking about Twitter. I've heard about it sometime last year, but hasn't that fuckin' thing just blown up in the past month or so? Now I have to be on Twitter. Damn, I hate you, Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment